2022 Steel Shoot
Interested In Shooting Steel?
• Members-$30, Non-Members-$60
• 6 Week Steel Plate League with start date of 1-1-2022 (Saturday)
• Shooting will take place on Saturdays. Everyone required to be at the first night of shooting at 5:00 pm and pay that night.
• Equipment required, eye and hearing protection, a pistol (max 6-inch barrel length and no AR type pistols) in a caliber of 22LR, 38SPL, 380 ACP, 9MMLuger, 40 SW or 45 ACP.
• You can switch between calibers or pistols at any time (in efforts to combat ammo shortages).
• You can sign up as an individual, or as a team of up to 4. If individual you will be placed on a team, if not enough shooters for a team anyone from another team or that team can shoot again at no additional cost in order to make up a team.
• There will be no makeup days.
• If a shooter is absent the night of the shoot a stand in can be used. It can be someone from the same team or someone from a different team.
• Once teams are established each team will choose a time slot to shoot with in.
• SASP like rules apply it is a timed event so your time is your score. The four “bang” targets must be hit during each string of fire and the “stop” target will be hit last. A “bang” target is any of the four non-“stop” targets of a stage. Each person will shoot five strings per stage. The best four out of five runs are combined for a total score for each stage. If the stop target is hit before all bang targets have been hit, there is a 3 second penalty for each bang target not hit. If the Athlete does not hit the stop plate, a score of 30 seconds is recorded for that string. The maximum time allowed for each individual string is 30 seconds. The competitor will be stopped and asked to prepare for the next string of fire if they reach the 30 second limit.
• Keep your unloaded firearm in a case
• If you need to retrieve a magazine from your fire arm see the RSO.
• Keep your magazines separate from your unloaded cased firearm.
• Load 10 rounds into your magazines. You will be shooting 5 times in a row.
• If you have less than 5 magazines teammates can load for you as you continue to shoot.
• The course will be lit for the entire event. sun light will change, keep in mind while choosing team time slot.
• Optics or iron sights your choice.